Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just so you know, I wouldn't "friend" Facebook, even if I could.

I'm just not that kind of gal.  I am a blogger.  I just am.  But because I am a blogger, I get frustrated when I don't have the time or energy to, blog.  Blog blog blog (I just felt like I hadn't used that word enough in the first two sentences.)
I am home from the most amazing, memorable trip I have ever taken and I have not the drive nor stamina to post about it, just yet.  And even though I went to bed at 8:10 last night and slept for almost 10 hours, I am exhausted.  I was sick the last couple of days of our trip and I think my body was waiting until I hit home to really attack. 
We have NO food.
I feel really crappy.
It is my oldest daughter's birthday and she is 10, 10! (Just so you know, I am more frustrated that I don't have it in me to celebrate big, than I am that I don't feel like blogging about our trip.  Motherhood one, blogger zero.)
The suitcases are unpacked.  That WILL be happening today.
Our toilets are gross and I am fairly certain that I cleaned them before we left.
I miss my Mom and Dad.

I will blog about our trip soon.  Life is going to get crazy in like 2.3 days.  We have meetings, open houses, church activities, school starting and for the first time ever, about five different extracurricular activities. 

I really am excited about it all.  I love fall.  I LOVE fall.  I am really looking forward to everything, I just need to climb back into bed and freeze time for about 48 hours so I can totally recuperate, and then, straight to work!

I promise myself, pictures coming soon.

9 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

Post vacation depression. I hate that. I can only imagine how sad I would be to leave Mo and Dad AND be sick AND have school about to start. I hope you feel 100% real soon so you can enjoy Fall! I love you!

Happy birthday, H!

Maleen said...

I love Fall too. And I agree about the blogger thing. I am a blogging gal through and through and I too get frustrated when I don't have time, but family comes first. I'm proud of you.

I think one of the worst things about coming home from vacation is everyone else's blogs that have a bazillion posts that I have missed. It is so hard to catch up. Often i just mark them as read and call it a loss.

So, in the effort to make your life easier, I will give you a brief synopsis, and then you won't need to go back and read mine:

*My Garage is really dirty
*My kids are back in school
*I got called as the Relief Society President
*I finally took Daisy's 3-yr old pictures
*And we celebrated Fete Day in grand style.

See, not everyone is as accommodating. Good luck getting back into the swing of things. I hope you feel better soon.

Suzie Petunia said...

I love Facebook. It is like posting a really short blog post where a lot more people are way more likely to comment. What's not to love? Won't you be my friend? I guess since I am in a new place and have no friends to interact with in real life I am substituting cyber friends for real friends. Is that sad? Yes. Now that I've written it, I see clearly that it is sad.

Are you feeling better yet? I want pictures!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps me totally entertained, Emily, and I can't wait to read about your adventures in Sweden with some of our favorite people in the whole world. I have learned to love Sweden by reading your mom's blog. Hope you feel well soon!
----- Chad's Mom. ;)

michaelstubbs said...

I like reading other people's blogs, but I just can't keep my own. I'm not that good at sustained writing. It's one-liners on facebook for me.

Get well soon, cousin.

Jessica said...

Can't wait to hear all about your trip. Hope you feel well soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, welcome back to America love! Yes, sick, and no food, over-tired, over-whelmed...I have often said that there truly is a universal law in place in the heavens that dictates if a mother has an immense amount of enjoyment than she must in converse have an immense amount of stress.
Just saying.
Hope your week is healthier and you get into a good routine soon.
Cheers,
Leah

Carrie Ann said...

I never blogged about our trip to Sweden and Scotland last year because it was too overwhelming. There were so many fun things to write about and share. I didn't know where to begin, so I never did. Just upload all the photos onto Flickr or Facebook and let us look at them... sans explanation.

Amy Lynn said...

Chris took his laptop with us when we went so I kind of blogged as we went...because once we got home I didn't know what to do with myself and the hundreds of pictures we took. They are just sitting on my computer...waiting for me to stop feeling overwhelmed...I'm sure it will happen any day now. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! I'm so sorry you are sick...blah. Especially after a fun vacation. Send the girls off to school and lay in bed for a week!!!