I was actually a little mad this Father's Day. I was disappointed that my husband was not here to be celebrated. We were all jazzed up with no one to bestow our Fatherness love upon. So instead I will just reflect upon how much I love and appreciate the Fathers in my life.
I may just get all weepy for a minute, and it won't be because I happen to be lonely right now.
This is a good man.
He is adored by his daughters.
They love him.
Maybe I am a selfish person and that is why I have been "blessed" with the life we have lived for the last 11 years...I need to have him taken away periodically so that I can more fully appreciate how much I LOVE being around him and how much I need him. It's hard because time and time again I have had to make do without him so going back to "needing" him when he gets home can be a tough transition.
But I do.
I need him.
I won't ever get sick of these pictures. Not ever. Because it reminds me of the void that he fills when he is home with us...and the tangible void that he leaves behind when he is gone.
He is good. He is something special.
How could I ever take that for granted?
I hope I don't.
The best. The best for me. The best for these girls.
And this guy. Seriously, the lonliness is not a good thing, weepy again. I miss my parents. I know that they are not that far away...our oceans touch one another, right? But I miss hanging out with them. It was a blessing to live with my Mo and Dad while I was alone and pregnant with Hazel. I loved being their child in their house again. I married someone good because I grew up with a Father in the home that was good. So perfectly suited to be my Dad. I love you PKO! (Feel lucky that I didn't share any pictures that show your silly side...they are out there, I am just saving them for something opportune....blackmailed inheritance perhaps? Favorite child claim made public?)
Seriously, tears folks. Good men are a true blessing. I am overwhelmed with just how blessed my life has been.
Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to go stuff my loneliness with a little Betty Crocker.





7 comments:
Gratitude is a very good thing and you do have a lot to be grateful for in the area of fathers. Way to turn on the waterworks for all of us!
Oh, bless your lonely little heart! It is true that I have come to really, truly appreciate the good men in my life only once they are gone for a while. I wish it didn't have to be that way. I guess we're just wired to take things for granted. I love the family you married into. And don't forget that one of your husband's great uncles is one of my husband's great grandfathers... or something like that. They come from good stock. :)
"Good men are a true blessing." Amen to that.
I love good men. They are different from us women, but they are the perfect compliment. God must have known what he was doing up there.
Sorry about the loneliness. I hope the Betty Crocker helped. I need to quickly dispose of all the ice cream in my house, because I finish off a container a day. (And I'm not even lonely.)
Will he be gone for a long time...like active duty long?
I have a good friend whose husband is in the military.
I hope you find comfort in those crazy beautiful girls, family, and The Lord...and yes Betty Crocker...though I am a Ghiardelli (not spelled right) fan personally.
Nicely said....as usual!
I love that pic of your hubs in the red...nice smirk. So him.
Post a Comment