I have decided that this is my new favorite thing to say.
This morning Clark let me sleep in because he knows how much I detest Saturday mornings and the chore rigamaroll and also because he still feels pretty bad about missing Mother's Day/Anniversary/Birthday and all that. I thought it was really adorable and fatherly and all that, that he went for a jog and came back with a little girl's bike from a garage sale, just the right size for our daughter that is currently without a bike.
I would really have liked to have been able to use my new catchphrase "Are you out of your vulcan mind?!" but it wouldn't have been appropriate for the situation.
I mean, that was a really smart and nice thing to do.
13 comments:
Life with two adults in the house, what a novel idea! Happy saturday.
I'm trying to figure out an appropriate situation in the temple when I could use that phrase. Hmmm, maybe not. I wonder how you say it in Swedish. I'm glad you finally get to sleep in and let someone else handle the morning! Take advantage of it while it is still a novelty to Clark.
I had to google the word "vulcan".
James often takes the Saturday morning shift and even does dishes...but it is often at the price of me taking the afternoon shift and wanting to get out and accomplish things while he naps to recover from taking the am shift...
Are you out of your vulcan mind? It is fun. Miles just bit my boob.
I am so proud of you for wanting to refer to Vulcans often. :)
I brought home a bike for Oscar a couple of years ago just the same way! It was a Saturday morning, I was out for a run and I happened to pass a garage sale. Early (Vulcan?) bird catches the worm!
I also love that you used the word "rigamaroll". What a great word! (It IS a word, right?) I'm going to try to use THAT more often!
Oooh. Rigamaroll is great word. How do you say THAT in Swedish!
I found a darling princess bike for HB at a garage sale...the funny thing about it is that I was in the car driving the KIDS to their track club. I have given up running for the time being...it was hazardous to my mental health.
But since then, HB has misplaced the bike...I'd like to say it was "stolen" but I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that someone would steal a garage sale bike with a crooked bike tire?
"Are you out of your vulcan mind?" I just sound awkward saying it.
The last part of this post reminds me of a deep thought by Jack Handy. "I mean that was a really smart and nice thing to do." :)
I used the word rigamaroll this summer around one of my kids (the older ones) and they just laughed and wondered where that crazy word came from. I can see they just aren't educated like this fine group here.
So glad you got a cozy morning in bed. He is a nice guy!
that is bordering on vulgar, my friend, but I like it:) i wish michael would shop at garage sales, he wants to say that a lot when i bring home free or cheap stuff.
Good for him! his Vulcan mind is quite logical.
The answer is "yes." I AM out of my vulcan mind.
Post a Comment