Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fine, I surrender to the Motherly Love.

Addendum to previous post:
So here I was sitting at my desk and thoroughly enjoying the quiet of a very early bedtime, preparing the things that I needed to prepare for a church lesson tomorrow, and I get sidetracked watching this.

Then some time after all the girls were asleep, the one who needs tender loving moments the most right now (but doesn't get them enough because I feel like most of my time is spent disciplining her actions), comes wandering into my room to excitedly tell me about the book that she just finished, that she has been reading all summer.  So I sat and let her talk while she helped me cut things out.  Night time has become our special time for me to lay on her bed and let her talk...she gets the grown up one on one that she craves more than anything.  I was grateful for that tonight.
Tender mercies.
And just like that, my daughters are in my good graces once again.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Funny how I needed that today myself! Thank you! Seriously.

Natalie said...

What a roller coaster this motherhood endeavor can be! You are a wonderful mother, and I love you!

mo said...

I am so grateful for wise daughters who listen to the Spirit and and are prompted to listen to their children. I couldn't be prouder of you. I hope I did the same for you when you needed it.

meg said...

Go ahead - surrender - because if your house is like my house, the tide will swing the other way at.any.moment.

Jenny said...

What a good mother and it especially isn't easy at the end of the day when it has been 'a day'. Miss you.

Jangs said...

Thank you my wonderful niece

Suzie Petunia said...

I needed to see that just now. Thank you for reminding me HOW I need to INTERact with my children. Not just REact. I'm going to get off the computer now and go do that.

Love you, sister.

Amy Lynn said...

I have a friend with a daughter HB's age who will just show up in her daughter's room, flop on the bed, and ask what they should talk about. I need to remember to listen more, talk less, and set down the daily grind to enjoy the daily miracles. Thank you for being wise and inspired!