Thursday, July 29, 2010

A little somethin more...

Dear Sadie left us yesterday.  Today was the longest day ever.  It is the first day since June 16th (the day we left for our month long vacation, two days before school even let out) that we have not been visiting someone or had a visitor.  It's almost like our first real day of summer, on our own.  I think I much prefer the company or being the company. 
But we'll find our groove.
Here is some of the other fun we crammed in with our guest.
I will not ever get tired of the beach.  As long as our sunscreen lasts, we could stay out all day long.  The kids play for literally hours, happily.  They only get grumpy when I make them come hydrate periodically.  Their favorite thing to do at the beach you ask? Why make themselves into little sugar cookies of course.  First, wet your body with ocean water.  Second, roll in the sand like a horse until nice and coated.  I am so glad that I am a grown up that doesn't have to do things like that.

The sky is unbelievable...the colors of the coast are unreal.  I often have to stop and just stare on our walk in and out.  It is incredible.  I will miss it so much.  I don't imagine sitting on the banks of the Potomac to be quite the same.  Lovely, but not the same.

We took Sadie to Six Flags. 

The day before I had a bizarre pain in the neck that was so bad I had to refrain from every ride at Six Flags...but I had fun watching Sadie convince Haley and Abby to go on every ride they were tall enough for.  I couldn't believe what she got them to go on.  What brave girls. (They were much more precarious than that cute little tea cup you see her in there.)

Mia and Hazel were just as content to get wet and run around.

Look, there I am.  I was there...someone had to push the stroller and buy snow cones for daring little girls and adventurous 15 year olds.

Wouldn't this picture be adorable if it were turned the right way? And if it were true? They are just pretending.

I wish I could say that this wasn't real.  Hazel has a little biting fetish...she only has an appetite for Mia though, lucky girl.  If Mia says "Hazey, don't bite me..." then Hazel opens her mouth and leans in really close to her arm or leg, or stomach (whatever is closest) and just stays there until I threaten to bite her back.

10 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

I'll be your next visitor! Will you buy me cute pj's and make me avocados for breakfast if I promise to help you pack? Maybe you'll have movers. I can dream . . . Cute girls as always and I'm sorry to tell you the Potomac won't smell half as nice as that ocean air. I'm just sayin'

Abby said...

That last picture is an hilarious hybrid of boredom and complusion...or a two year old. Somehow it looks like Mia is feeding herself to Hazel though. Hmmm.
I love that you have the beach. And I'm sad for you that the fun is coming to an end. At least you have France!

mo said...

Lovely lovely summer. Unfortunately it has to end sometime. It seems to me that Hannibal Lector may have gotten his start in just the way you describe. You may want to keep an eye on her....

Jangs said...

Ah summer. I love your pictures and reading your blog. Good luck with your move and with the biting thing too.

Jangs said...

Ah summer. I love your pictures and reading your blog. Good luck with your move and with the biting thing too.

Sarah said...

Where did you get Abby's and Haley's swimsuits??

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I love the beach too, it's just one of those things that you can never get sick of. We have had a few biters at our house too. :)

Good luck getting back into the groove, that's always tricky for me. I feel sad for a few days, and then I just have to totally reorganize something, or wash all the floors and then I feel like I'm back in the saddle. :)

Charlotte said...

Sounds like a lovely vacation! I know of a beach just dying for visitors.

Carrie Ann said...

I want to bite Hazel. She is delicious. I am happy you have been having so much fun. Sadie is WONDERFUL! I want to go to Six FLags! I am sorry your neck was hurting.

Suzie Petunia said...

How sad to miss the fun rides! But what a fun summer you have had with some wonderful people. I miss you. I wish we could spend a day at your beach!