We were in Utah to visit my wonderfully fun and entertaining and loving family AND attending the wedding of a brother in law from a family that is equally wonderful fun and entertaining. AND to sweeten the deal, MY family knows my HUSBAND'S family and we are all one big happy family. Lucky lucky.
Flat Daddy came to all the festivities. He was in all the family pictures and greatly loved on, by everyone.
Look at this gorgeous little family. What a beautiful day. So sweet. So happy. So wonderful.
We blew bubbles...or rather, Hazel blew bubbles and I laughed at her.
These sweet girls. So sweet.
Didn't I mention I was lucky? Look at these women that are so beautiful and they ALL like each other...from left to right, sister in law Megan, sister Sarah, me duh, sister Carrie, sister in law Sadie, sister in law Sho, sister in law Alexa. Where is Amy? She was somewhere.
We even enjoyed doggy dear Fiona while at Carrie and Todd's. Unfortunately, she is somewhat unphotogenic. Adorable, even when barfing up a chocolate puddle following her binge on a five pound bag of chocolate chips and flour.
Sunday dinner at Amy's...lovely is an understatement. I love these people. We had a delicious meal complete with cherries straight from the tree.
A visit with my beautiful and amazing grandparents. I cannot say enough about these people. They are amazing and wonderful and I love them to death...and my Grandma has the most gorgeous skin you've ever seen. Thanks for the cookies Grandpa.
Love them.
I am mourning the fact that I have a shocking LACK of pictures of my dear siblings in Utah, because last week we left Utah and headed down to the muggy south. This is the part of the trip where I sit on my in law's bed and watch TV most nights, crave and eat Los Cucos until I want to split open and dream about moving here and opening up a Blue Bell ice cream stand--where are the Blue Bell ice cream stands, I ask you?
Here, is also where there is an excessive amount of amazing rain, and little girl cousins coming out our ears. I love them so.
We are staying with my dear Megan in law, there are nine children, NINE children...only one of them is a boy. It's a good thing is so stinkin adorable, he gets by.
On the night of the wedding reception here in Texas we started "beauty parlor" four hours before "go time". Megan and I learned our lesson at the last wedding reception when we ran out of time to get our own selves ready. So I started early and spent two hours doing little girl hair. Aren't they beautiful? I especially love Jenny's affection for Hazel.
The cousins have played amazingly well. We haven't had to break up hardly any disagreements. They just pair off, play play play, and when they get tired of one another, they just switch cousins.
Really, could there be more beautiful girls?
And then we had Sunday dinner here with ALL the cousins and I sat and loved every one of them. And then felt extremely disappointed that I hadn't thought to do this in Utah with those lovelies.
Yes, cute people. Yes.
I just love the love. I love that I love to be here. I love that no matter where I visit, be it Utah or Texas, I feel like I am coming home because of the people waiting for us.
Thank you everyone for playing with us and loving us and feeding us leftover Los Cucos for breakfast.
Stay tuned:
Big Trip, Part III coming when I feel like it.
15 comments:
YES! I feel like I have been waiting forever for part II. That is a big bunch of really cute cousins! You are truly blessed. I love the pic of all the girls dressed to beat the band. They clean up real good. Who knew we would all end up loving Texas so much?
When are you headed to Phoenix? The boys are out of town next week, so I have free beds!! ;)
Lovely! all of it but especially these little girls! they are all so cute!
OH how I enjoyed THAT. (Except for the doggy chocolate/flour vomit. I too have a dear dog who also, occassionally, barfs up grass and such-- and I pride myself on dealing with it quite well, with a great sense of maturity and minimal gag reflex.. but something about the watery chocolate/flour mix.. dunno.. found it VERY upsetting..) You and Carries shoes are excellent.. and the plethera of adorable little ones oh so pleasing. Happy happy memories to YOU!
I am so jealous that you got to see Grandma and Grandpa AND a houston rain storm. You are blessed. I have an idea, why don't you move to DC?
like a drink of water after a drought...thank you.
uh--you took 9 kids swimming? say whuuh?
Oh, my! I just wrote an almost identical post! I even used a couple of the same pictures. We must be "cut from the same cloth".
Family IS the very best thing ever, isn't it? I am so glad your fun continues.
Can you stay forever? I love having you guys so much that I'll even forgive the maternity pic.
My girls have asked me 1000 times when you are coming back. You left yesterday and will be back tomorrow. What are we going to do when we don't have a return date? We'll wither and die!
Looks like so much fun. I'd be jealous of all the family time, if I weren't gearing up for the same thing next week.
Looks like you had some good times -love the cute cousins and rain pic. Addie is missing out on your sweet hair doin' skills.
Wow, how do you do it? I love the updates. I got a giggle looking at the picture of your little one trying to blow bubbles..very cute!
Don't mean to be PUSHY.. but I MUST know where you got the shirt on one of your little ones in Amys pics on her latest blog. And please, please don't tell me it's a hand-me-down from sister number 1.. never to be found again...
look at her blog.. you'll know the one-- a shot of a single Emily daughter (if Ihave my faces right..) in a simply precious, shirt. FIND it.. I demand you.. and then comment it's whereabouts on MY blog.. GOT IT??
(I AM pushy.)
Please come back. I love you. I miss you. We need a gaggle of girls to giggle and play with! The pictures of your girls in Texas are so sweet. I love your family there...
i love the love, too
So glad you all got better in time to have fun. I love the picture of the girls running through the rain. And your red dress? Stunning. :)
Post a Comment