We finally received our orders. Clark got the job in Washington DC that he really wanted so we are headed to the Nation's capital in another couple of months. Hopefully we will be settled by the time school starts and on our way to new adjustments.
It's not over yet, but this has been such a fun ride.
What awesome friends we have had and what amazing things we have gotten to do.
*Abby at her field day...digging in and being adorable.
Haley at her field day (I helped run the soccer station all day long...it was fun to see all the kids...so cute, so fun.) I adore her green shoes. I will be so sad when she grows out of them...as will she.
Mia's preschool "graduation". This year has been wonderful for Mia. She attended an integrated peer program at the elementary school. I love the experience that she has had, not to mention the kids that she has gotten to be friends with and the most amazing teacher ever. Amanda, if you by chance are reading this, we love you!!
Haley's special extra curricular program had their final field trip with their pen pals last week. They got to meet at a beach and be taught how to build a real sand castle by a real live professional sand sculptor...man, Clark is in the wrong profession. It was so fun. And now, I know how to really make a real sand castle, fool proof. The kids had to split into 21 teams and use the tools set out to build a fortress that met certain requirements, ie 25 stairs, 5 turrets, 18 windows, etc. The kids were amazing. The adults' job was to fetch water. My pants were really wet by the time I went home.
This was what the sculptor had thrown together in an hour that morning to show the kids.
We have begun harvesting the fruits of our garden. I cannot get enough basil. I sit and crave it at night. The strawberries have been pretty nice too.
The girls finished another round of swim lessons and did awesome. I am so proud of them and what they can accomplish, especially when they have fears that they overcome. This also brought an end to our post-swim lessons dinner at Five Guys. It was a fun tradition.
Mia had field day too. She is adorable to watch because she is endlessly enthusiastic. She was the only one in her team that wanted to keep doing the obstacle course so she just kept going and going and going until they blew the whistle to go to the next station.





18 comments:
Your girls have ten times as much fun as regular girls and they are all so cute it really is unfair to everyone else. I am excited about your news. Transitions are hard on moms but you will pull through and make it work for everyone. Have I told you lately that I think you are amazing? You are.
Glad to hear you got your orders and now know what you're doing... I won't think about the part where you won't be living here anymore - wahhhhh!
Wow!! D.C.- that is great. You guys are busy busy busy!! I am so amazed that you can stay sane and make so many transitions-- wow! Looks like so much fun!
Congrats on the job! At least now you have a destination. Can't wait to see all of you.
How exciting for Clark's new job. You get to live close to Spo! We definitely need to come visit some time. But until then, how about we meet up in Utah for some summer fun?
So crazy and yet so fun. I'm going to miss you guys, well after the next month or so of excitement!
I predict that you will fall in love with life in DC just as you've fallen in love with everywhere else you've lived. You're good that way.
The pics are so fun, but I think that the one who needs the most eating is Haley! That soccer pic could be titled, "stick girl plays soccer." Tall and skinny - poor thing. I have such sympathy for her! (because I totally know what it's like to be sooo tall and sooo thin!)
I really hope this long vacation includes Texas, with a route passing through Dallas, even just a pit stop. Our bathrooms are really clean and I can find some good food somewhere.
Congrats on the orders (I'm only crying a little). Ethan must have gone to the same place, as he came home talking about the sand castle builder.
Have a lot of fun on your crazy ride!
I LOVED the end of school and all it various activities. You really have had wonderful experiences in CT. It's sad to move on, but wonderful things await.
What exciting adventures you have and what beautiful girls. Good luck on the move we are excited for you and I bet Sho and Spencer are looking forward to it too.
We love you
I adore Haley's stick legs. All of them--everything about all of them--is painfully cute. And you will be painfully close soon...
Give them hugs from us. Stella uses the term Mia for all of you collectively I think.
The thing that gets me teary is that behind all the cuteness and fun activities is a cute brave mom making it all happen by herself! Not many can do what you do, and do it so well.
You make me feel like a boring mom. How dod you do it all Emily?? D.C. sounds great, and I hope the transition will be okay for all of you. I always keep you and your cute family in my prayers. If you do come to Utah, and have some time, We would love to come visit for an hour or so wherever you are. I know it will be busy, but let us know.
So many changes. Good luck the next few months making it all happen. Fun field days! cute graduate! sweet traditions!
throw your hands up in the air and go! can't wait to see you guys! do you remember the photoshoot I want to do? bring handmade clothes for the girls if you have them...i can send a pic to remind you if you like.
So all that means to us is a 2 hour ride to Bradley Connecticut, then hop a train to DC.
May your summer be all fun and no stress!!
Too bad Utah isn't next to an ocean, but D.C. will be amazing.
I can't wait to see you guys. Your girls are so sweet and I love all the end of school activity pictures. (The sand castle was amazing, what a cool idea.)
I don't know how anyone blogs while on vacation. When do you find time?
What will Clark be doing?
Post a Comment