My dearest daughters that I love and cherish so much. I would like to cordially invite you to STOP getting into my bed every single night. Though I love you dearly and want nothing in this world more than to cuddle your sweetness, I do not appreciate being slapped, punched, poked and kicked awake from a nice dreamy sleep...repeatedly.
Thanks for understanding.
May I just clarify also that I am used to sleeping next to a husband that though not altogether quiet, doesn't move a muscle when he sleeps. He is accustomed to sleeping in a very tight spot, like that of a smallish coffin. He lays down, promptly falls asleep and does not move so much as a toe until morning. Mia on the other hand, seems to have raging fits and uncontrollable spasms aimed in the direction of anything living. Not cool. No sir, not cool at all.
I am going to go ice my sore spots.
I give you...the girl with a mean left hook and perfect aim.

15 comments:
I remember Mo and Dad's rule was that if you came in you had to sleep on the ground. That is starting to make a lot of sense.
Witch Hazel will help with the bruises.
And she looks so unsuspecting! I'd never know that she has a cage fighter just lurking beneath the surface! You just might be squashing her talents. Learn to sacrifice, Emily.
Parallel lives, indeed. (Except my husband doesn't sleep in a coffin...ever. By the way, it sounds like you are married to Edward:)
I told you how I got punched in the eye in a dead sleep and saw stars and heard a splosh sound...and cried...at 3am...bawled. It was so unexpected and so RUDE! Cubby and Mia can HAVE each other!
So funny. Matt and I just had this same conversation! Eric is our child climbing in bed with us. I think he has restless leg syndrome!
How can you dream about being in the ice capades or trapeze group while being kicked all night? I vote for starting the on the floor rule.
My tossers get kicked out of bed immediately. If they hold still they know I won't wake up and they can stay.
Peter is also, though, a tosser. When I sleep alone I wake up with a bed almost made. When he is there I start with covers in such disarray I have to practically start from scratch. He hit me once in his sleep. Dreamed he was fighting a deer (he doesn't even hunt). We still laugh about it, luckily I didn't even wake up.
I can identify. When Abby comes in, she is very still and consequently gets away with sharing your bed. But Mia-I would wake up thinking, "Why am I dreaming about wrestling?" -- OH, I am wrestling. I love you Meme but go back to bed!
It looks like you are in good company. Luckily, mine always goes to her dad and she sleeps very still. I second the floor rule. I did it as a child as well.
Also, just so you know that I'm not some random reader, I knew you long ago in New Jersey. I even babysat you one time. As to not make this a book I'll email you if you want to know more. But know that I love your family and think you are all amazing. The Oscarson family is one I reference often in talking with my husband about how we want our family to turn out.
kick 'em out! I support that....
I do NOT invite kids into bed often. Even when they have a bad dream, I usually tell them to say a prayer and go back to bed (wait, I remember my mother saying the same thing).
I just can't sleep with a kid in bed. They move and squirm and our queen size bed does NOT fit three people.
Although I wish Tyler were a more compact sleeper. He has hit me many a time in my sleep, and I try very hard not to hit him back (I don't always succeed).
Ha!! I can relate. My little guys sneaks into my bed and walks his feet up and down my back all night long. Not fun.
Good grief Spencer, you make it sound like we lived outdoors! We made you sleep on the comfy carpeted floor...not the rocky bumpy ground! That rule only came after years of getting sharp kicks to the kidneys and flailing arms in the face. It was a good rule! I have had Memes get into my bed...she packs a wicked punch!
Ah, that would describe my little piece of sweetness to a tee! I woke up the other morning with no pillow, cramped in a little space in the middle of the bed. I looked over and she was sprawled out on 2 pillows with my blanket. Grrr...
Right now she is sprawled out in the hallway. Not sure how she got there...I put her in her BED!
LOVE this! Every time Rob works late, Bridger wants to sleep in our bed until he gets home. . . and that usually means sideways. Not fun.
Ah yes...bed partners. We invested in a king size bed to solve this problem; however, that just meant more kiddies could fit in bed with us. mercy. I think one morning we ended up with all 6 in our bed. I think your Mom's idea of floor-sleeping sounds very appealing. Sweet dreams
Post a Comment