Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Not quite a lemon yet.

I have been carrying my camera poised and at the ready for several weeks now in anticipation of the good 'ole van hitting quite the milestone (heh heh, I said milestone, that's funny.)

 

Clark happened to be in the car for the big event.  I have to admit, I was half expecting confetti to fall from the ceiling or noise makers...or at the very least, the transmission to fall out or something.  But it didn't.  It just continued on to 100,001 as if nothing had happened at all.  We did kiss across the console as if it were New Year's.  We felt as though some kind of celebration was in order afterall.
The only thing better than driving a minivan to begin with, is driving one that has over 100,000 miles.  Did I mention that it is less than 5 years old?  This trusty automobile has made trips cross country more times than I can count...or rather more times than I want to count (lazy, remember?) It's gone from Texas to Utah and back, Texas to Connecticut and back, Connecticut to Utah and back (that's a lot of public restrooms while we're on the subject) and more.
It's a good car.  We'll hold on to her for a while longer.


In other news, Hazel got her first haircut (at least we're calling it that...my kids have rapid hair growth starting at about 8 months old...the mullet gets out of control.)  I mean, she is my fourth but I am supposed to document that, right?  In any case, she was pretty happy about it...if that's not a happy face, I don't know what is. (In all honesty as her mother who loves her very much, it's not a cute face, but she sure is trying to convince us of her happiness...therefore, it is adorable.)

Before:


 and after:
 

9 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

Wow. I am suddenly in favor of hair cuts! She looks adorable and so stylish! And our van has 110,000 on it and is still going strong! Glad you were together for the special moment.

mo said...

Congrats on the milesstone and the transmission staying in place. The Nut looks adorable! Love it.

Sarah said...

Ryan is pretty much 2 and has about 1/8 of Hazel's hair...I am sad that she'll never have a cute little bob.

Brynne said...

I am Katy's friend and occasionally browse her awesome cousins' (which she adores) blogs, but never leave comments. Today, I can't resist but notice your speedometer while you were photographing your odometer--30 mph while taking a picture? There's some multi-tasking! I'll just visualize you driving on a dusty country road with no other cars, pets, or children! Way to be prepared for the big moment and to celebrate it!

Jessica said...

You do good work with a pair of scissors! She looks so very cute. Could you do something with my mop??? Your girls are just so beautiful, love seeing updates on the cute things!

Jenny said...

Hazie look so cute but she looks older too. Love you!

Abby said...

What the--how the--they do have freakish [and beautiful] hair growth, leaving me to question what's wrong with MY little girl? I simply adore the chubbiest, happiest smile I've ever seen! And nice work with the scissors! It is sassy!

Charlotte said...

Love the face. Love that Clark stopped to take the picture, Peter would have probably rolled his eyes instead.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

your baby looks to be a teenager now.