Friday, June 05, 2009

Going bananas.

This is what I found when I went to retrieve a cucumber today.

I love my kids. However, the monkey was quite upset with Mia all afternoon.

18 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm impressed by all of the apples.

IM said...

Oh my gosh...that is hilarious! Nothing like a little monkey business (just humor me on that poor attempt at comedy).

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

thats awesome. look at those healthy options in your frigidaire

Charlotte said...

I bet she was cryogenically freezing the monkey until she finds out how to set it free in starlight land.

katyvee said...

Hee-hee-hee.

Suzie Petunia said...

Mmmmm... Monkey brain. (Remember Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?)

We have that same monkey. Build-a-Bear? Our's is named Chester. And he gets beat up daily by my boys. Maybe its his name??

Sho said...

That is too funny. I love Mia! Tell her that Sho asked her to be nice to Saruko.

JJ said...

I'm guessing Mia would get along quite well with my children. We've ticked off many a plush animal in our day.

Amy Lynn said...

I'm still giggling out loud. That was really funny! "Mom, can I have a chunk of monkey?"

Jangs said...

Reminds me of when I preheated the oven once only to find I had melted Luke Skywalker on the rake! Or the "carbon frozen" Hans Solos I used to find in blocks of ice in my freezer. Never know what you are going to find in the kitchen. Poor mr. monkey

mo said...

At least he has some carrots to eat!

Hjalmar2 said...

So did the monkey eat the cucumber? I thought they at bananas!

Julie said...

That is too funny! He looks like maybe he wants to hide out there for a while?

My mom forgot to mention the time Mike glued Luke Skywalker to her desk chair-- I think she was in St. Louis when that one happened.

Rainie said...

That's so hilarious. Everytime I see your blog header with your girls and "just my way of doing things" it makes me happy. Your blog is always such a fun place to visit.

Lucky Mommy said...

Maybe it was hot outside? Oh wait, your in Connecticut. I hope the carrots were a comfortable mattress. What fun girls you have. Thanks for sharing a cute find!

Natalie said...

I love you Em! I too am sorry for not commenting on your blog more frequently...lately. Life just gets crazy and I've been out of it for a while. Thanks for sharing all of your cute insights, they are charming, and always make me laugh.

Twinlinebackers said...

Yeah, you know why she froze him? Because he told her she was never going to Starlight. Beware your own fate Mommy.

(We have the same darling monkey. Two in fact. I love how soft and cuddly he is. Warm too. ...except when he's in the fridge of course.

Kristin said...

I'm glad at least he had some carrots to munch on while stuck. I wonder what he did to deserve such a cold and dark time out.