Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blogger's elbow.

When I sit down to read blogs I always end up sitting in the same position. After many years of doing so, I have developed a most unpleasant sensation in my left elbow (freeing up my right hand to scroll and click.) It's kind of a bony, uncomfortable nerve-tingly sensation and it doesn't feel good. So this week I finally diagnosed my own problem as "Blogger's Elbow". (I thought the pictures above were a lovely play-by-play illustration of my problem.)
Does that ever happen to you?
Do you think I could sue blogger?
I need to go ice it...maybe I'll step outside and stick my arm in our fresh 6 inches of snow from yesterday.
*Our weeks continue to slide by with little action, in case you couldn't tell. I think today we are going sledding in honor of Martin Luther King. Maybe I'll take the camera.

12 comments:

Brett and Amy said...

Sorry about the elbow. But LOVE the play-by-play. You should take a few more in between pics and make an animated elbow flip book. Now, there's some action. While I don't have an elbow problem, maybe I could sue for sleep deprivation. Have fun in the snow!

Natalie said...

The bottom picture is my favorite. :) Send Tawny my way, we could use a little action around here too!

Sadie Lou said...

hey i think i may have bloggers index finger!! also from all that scrolling! haha!

The Titmi said...

I myself was in the same position you were in except with my knuckle on my cheek. Good thing you warned me before pain

Maleen said...

My computer desk is so crowded the keyboard is right at the edge, not allowing room for my elbow, but I think I have "blogger's wrist" for sure.

katyvee said...

You poor POOR girl. How DO you do it?? All the suffering-- yet you blog on. You are someone to admire. Maybe we'll g sledding in honor of YOU!
Sidenote: Like what you've done on the office wall.. looks clever.

Mandee said...

I did read somewhere that MLK was a big fan of sledding so it only seems appropriate that you would honor him by making a few good runs.

meg said...

I'm going to start a foundation to educate the world about your condition. You can be the spokeswoman and we'll travel the country doing fundraisers. Get ready for your PSA! "Have you ever loved reading blogs just a little too much?..."

Call me!

Becky said...

mmmm, hmmm, ...I have blogger back. totally bad posture. I think I have a far heavier bad habit.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

its my right wrist...i have to twirl it around from time to time

Amy Lynn said...

OK, what is hilarious about this whole blog is the fact that I was sitting in the exact same position as I was reading your blog!!! How 'bout that? Do you think it is genetic? And come to think of it...my elbow is a little sore and tingly. Hmmm...I cure mine with ice-cream...eating...not soaking in...although that is an idea too.

Valerie said...

You girls are so funny! Emily, you crack me up. Your blogging friends crack me up. Sorry about your elbow, but maybe it will help to know that your pain brought a smile to my face today!