My sister put all of her sentiments so eloquently...to read how I feel about my family please just go here and pretend its me talking...
Here was last week in pictures. My parents, little bro and his wife, and a cousin with her husband and daughter all came to enjoy Thanksgiving with us. I was in Heaven. There was minimal stress, amazing company, roaring fires, plenty of wassil, games, outings, delicious food, and again- a trampoline. It could not have been more enjoyable for me. Thank you so much for coming!!
Martha Stewart, eat your heart out. I finally had occasion to set an adult-looking table. I was quite pleased. It just made me happy.

Martha Stewart, eat your heart out. I finally had occasion to set an adult-looking table. I was quite pleased. It just made me happy.
We live just-enough-in-the-country to see a lot of stars at night. Sometimes I just go outside at night to look at them. I do.
The girls made a picture storyline of the first Thanksgiving. I think my favorite part of this activity is when I was explaining ever-so-absent-minded that the pilgrims came over on the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria...until my 2nd grader delicately pointed out "wasn't that Christopher Columbus?" yikes. Looks like its back to elementary school for me.
The gang entertained me with a little Turkey Bowl on Thursday. It made me tired (and cold) just watching.

We like this Uncle too.We visited an amazingly beautiful Christmas Tree farm and let the boys cut down a tree. They even have complimentary hot chocolate and black currant juice. We will visit that one again.

Then one day we took everyone to the Cider Mill. Unfortunately we hit it on a day that the steam powered press was not running...but we did get cookies and fresh cider out of it.

My adorable cousin brought her little family to visit. Aren't they the most darling people ever? I love how they meshed so well with us...I loved having them!
Thank you family! for coming to visit us, and play and love me!! Come again soon!!
and Thanks Mo and Spencer for the pictures!





30 comments:
Submarines. I get claustrophobic thinking about them. Bless those that can do that and are willing.
I'm so glad that you got to have family for Thanksgiving. I, too, was blessed to spend time with those I love. It's all I needed to make the holiday great!
Darling, wonderful, happy, family pictures! Thanks for the treat! Your family looks great!
P.S. What kind of camera do you have? What kind of camera does your brother have?
What a great Thanksgiving! I am so impressed with the aprons, and jealous of the stars you can see and your flare for decorating and apparently having low stress on Thanksgiving Day! Looks like you all had a great New Englandy time together.
love all the pics! that is so fun to have family visit. don't you just wish you could all live by each other all the time! and i can't believe how big little hazel is getting!
I believe my brother has the Canon 40D. It is awesome. I have a link to his blog on my sidebar and a link to his photography flickr page (that will give you all the stats and settings for each picture.)
Great pictures, love the table setting, precious aprons, wish we were there.
Oh...your life looks so pretty and sweet and fun and wonderful. I feel so left out and more than a little bit jealous. Have you considered that adoption thing any more? We do come in a package but we'd be very good (that's an outright lie) and not eat very much (that's a lie too)but we are lots of fun (that's probably a half-truth...depends on the day!). You had a wonderful Thanksgiving and next year we're coming.
I so can't compete with Thanksgiving in CT. Amazing. And amazing that you cooked a turkey and it wasn't traumatizingly hard or anything bc you would have mentioned it--no sweat? You are a fortress of calm.
Is it just me? Or does your life seem like one, enormous Normal Rockwell painting? I know you love and appreciate all of it, so I can't hate you for it. :) I so wish I could come visit you. I miss you.
I think you need to teach classes on how to entertain family when they come to visit. I am always amazed at how much you do.
Families are the best. I love your star shot at night. Another post that make me realize just how much our family needs a trampoline. I think I'd die on a sub, I get claustrophobic in the HOV lane with barricades on each side of me. When do your aprons go on sale??
I was just about to post my pics and tell about our amazing time in CT and then you did it better....oh well, I'm gonna try anyway. It WAS so perfect and heavenly.
Happy, happy, happy. I wasn't close to my family for Thanksgiving but I lived vicariously through you. Good times! I LOVE the b&w pic of you smooching on Hazel.
wow--look at all those stars. who is the cousin? I still love aunties orange shoes and I love that your mom jumps onthe tramp, mine never would. love your table decor, but i'm concerned that those water glasses don't have ice in them.
It all looks so fun! I am seriously jealous of your stars. You can hardly see the brightest constellations here.
I think you should hire out as a party planner or a travel agent. There is nothing like family-what a wonderful weekend. Love you.
Everything looks perfect, little domestic diva!
Lea
I am so glad that you found me! I've been wondering about you. It's fun to see you and your family!
What a wonderful weekend you must have had with your family and in the beautiful east coast, to boot. I love you all, each one. I can almost taste that delicious wassail. Hope your Christmas is just as wonderful.
Wow! What a great holiday for you and your family! I so LOVE the aprons.
Ah, I am still enjoying our stay. thank you thank you.
what a picture perfect Thanksgiving!! Cute aprons too, aren't you the crafty one :) We miss you guys down here - I can't believe how grown up all your girls are!!
what a picture perfect Thanksgiving!! Cute aprons too, aren't you the crafty one :) We miss you guys down here - I can't believe how grown up all your girls are!!
what a picture perfect Thanksgiving!! Cute aprons too, aren't you the crafty one :) We miss you guys down here - I can't believe how grown up all your girls are!!
Cute, cute family! Cute, cute pix. You outdo yourself and put us all too shame! BTW, are trampolines not the best investment a family can make? Hours of fun.
Fun, Fun Fun Fun. You are great hosts. Missy and Lyndon had such a great time. I could go for some hot cider. That sounds so good.
aaww that looks like so much fun!! and that table is GORGEOUS!!! and i love that pic of nolan!!! can't wait until your arrival! :)
I am so jealous-- and I think that the tour of the sub would be so awesome, too. Great pics! The table looks amazing-- and cute aprons.
Great table....great food....incredible people coming to visit....PERFECT Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment