(Doesn't it just hurt to look at?...although with the actual occurrence a day behind me now, I laugh every time I look at them....They didn't even get punished for it...besides the no more scissors thing. I told them that their punishment was going to be living with it for the next 2 years while it grows out.)
If they had wanted a mullet of any kind they really should have asked first. As you can see, Haley got the worst end of it. Sometimes kids can be dumb. They are grounded from ever using scissors for anything until the hair grows back to a normal length. I am truly questioning their intellect this evening. I want to know not only how the six year old convinced the four year old, but how then the four year old convinced the six year old that this was a good idea.
Even though they were all playing together today, somehow Mia escaped this temporary lapse of judgment of her sisters and went to bed tonight with all of her hair intact.
19 comments:
You lived through my recurring nightmare with grace. I can only hope that if Sarah cuts her hair I would handle it without going to extremes in punishment. Good Job.
......for the first time i have no words. it is sooooo sad, i want to cry! they would fit in very well with the cast of happy texas or raising arazona! :D if i were you, i would have started to cry right then and there, then i probably would have started laughing!
That is too bad. They look mahvelous in the shower caps, though! I must say you handled it extremely well!
Just when I think my kids have outgrown some behavior, it comes back to bite me.
That was one of the funniest entries ever! I am so sorry your little girls' have mullets for now, hopefully the spongy curls will make it look less noticeable.
Good job keeping a sense of humor about it. :) How have I escaped this thus far? (knock on wood)
I like how Hailey looks penitent in that picture. :) But I can't see Abby's haircut in the picture. Can I see more photos, please? What do they think of their haircuts now? Are there bobs in their future?
I mean "Haley". Waverly has a friend who spells it that other way...
I only laughed because it was your girls that did that and not my own :)
It always seems to be funnier when it happens to other people's children.
I'm not quite sure how I've escaped this thus far. I did cut my younger brother's hair when I was a kid.
Brooklyn's only scissor incident was cutting her really nice shirt once. However, with a younger sister now, who knows what awaits me?!?!?!
that is TRULY painful! i am terrified everytime i see alyssa holding scissors...not for her eyes, etc. but her hair.
Ahh, now that is funny. Will you be mad at me for saying that? My three year old still can't really grow hair. It looks like he cut it himself, and my 8 month old will be 13 before her hair looks like the mullets your girls gave themselves. Does that make you feel any better? Great pictures.
So funny to see your glare at the snow! I feel the same way.I'm happy to have snow for Christmas and then bam...back to warm weather. It was so fun chatting with you and the girlies!
that was the best laugh i had today! thanks.....
i'd go with perma-caps. they justifiably get another 3 months of hat wearing, because it IS cold... then you should splurge on a few red sox caps. whatever the case, this should be hidden, and no more picture taking. a girl's got her pride, you know.
oh, wait, never mind. this is more like a wonderful moment for you to enjoy. and laugh at. over and over again. until they're about 25 years old. take lots of pictures. LOTS.
GIRLS!!!! wha.... bu..... wh..... see you saturday.
There's what you get for thinking so well of your girls...wait, that doesn't sound healthy. Look at it this way, it won't be the last dumb hair decision they make in their lives...wait till they're over 18 and discover dye, etc...I'll stop being encouraging.
I thought kids Haley's age were over the cutting thier own hair thing...Now I am nervous of what may be ahead in out future!
oh my. i'm just waiting for the day. until then, i'll just keep trying to tell them it's not a good idea. but it's happened to too many people i know. our turn has to be coming soon.
I am sorry but I can't stop from laughing. First the marker in unmentionable places and now a mullett. Were they going for that look? Again, I am laughing with you not at you. I am sure my time is coming and with madelyn's hair being curly you can imagine how long it will take to grow it out.
Post a Comment