Thursday, November 01, 2007

Brief recap

We left fall in Connecticut.
We drove from Connecticut to Utah...three long long long days (though Clark gets major points for logging ALL 40 hours behind the wheel while I read, tried to sleep and complained about little girls in public restrooms).We arrived in Utah, welcomed by loving arms and a comfy home.
Clark left.
There were some tears and I continue to hear "I miss Daddy" even though he has only been gone for 1 1/2 days...it might be a very long 4 months.
We had Halloween and even though Abby was sick she trodded down the street for a few houses of trick or treating.

18 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

i absolutely LOVE all their costumes, but i have to say that the sheep is my favorite! it is o adorable....and hilarious! they all look so cute! we miss you guys so much!

Sadie Lou said...

oh and the first pic is a little scary but cool at the same time!

Abby said...

My heart is hurting for you all. You are such brave, beautiful girls--even the smelly skunk. Love to you! (Can ya feel it?) Why is it six hours away and not 3?

Suebee said...

I'm so glad that you are there safely. I must admit that I was worried you would be on the road for Halloween and I wouldn't get to see cute Halloween costumes. I should have known you wouldn't fail me. Cute. Cute. Cute. Best wishes on the coming months. I will always be here if you need to vent. You will do great and grow much and when it is over have lots to be proud of.

Sarah said...

Aren't kids great? They won't allow you to wallow in self sadness about a missing husband. There's always something to do with them to keep you busy..Halloween, school, etc. I LOVE the first picture of the girls jumping at the leaves. Very cute. Hey! Why don't you come down here to visit while they are on Christmas break?

Sunnie said...

loving the costumes, especially haley's. so cute. and we saw your husband last night for a few minutes. hang in there!

Rynell said...

Yea! I am glad you had a safe trip. What adorable little ladies in their costumes!

Jessica said...

Glad you are here safely. We will come up to say Hi...How is school for the girls??? Give me a call, you are welcome here anytime, and let me know if I can do anything. I will call soon!

Jangs said...

Welcome Welcome to the West. We are glad you are close. Can't wait to see you and the girls

Kimberly said...

That is a great fall picture. I am sure leaves falloff the trees here is Houston, but we just don’t get the same affect. Glad to see your arrived safely.

Suzie Petunia said...

Haley looks like Big Abby when she was a little girl in that last picture... don't you think?

I'm sorry they are missing their dad. :( I'm grateful he is serving our country.

Megan said...

OOh that is one cool witch costume. I'm so sorry that Clark is far away but it is nice to see you with Utah in the background. I hope we get to see you while you are there! Love ya

Wendy said...

I love the picture of the girls jumping up to get the leaves in the tree. That does not sound like a fun drive but hopefully you got some good Clark time before he left.

Rainie said...

You made it!!! That had to be a long three days. I'm glad your there. Enjoy your candy.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

14 comments? dang, i wish people cared enough to read or at least leave a comment...you do good on that front, em...you too sadie:)

i didn't realize you drove, i guess i should have figured...how do you decide who sits alone inthe back? that is a tough one with 3...alyssa is alone inthe middle and when she gets in the car every day say, "i sit da brothers" it just didn't work to have 3 in the back. alyssa has the same peacock looking dress as abby wore. its too itchy for her, though. cute bunch:)

Kirkhams said...

Are you jealous that we got to see Clark on Halloween? Your girls look cute in their Halloween get up!

zippity-do-da said...

Here you go, Em. If anyone can do it - you can. What beautiful, sweet-smelling girls, who hopefull never stop missing their daddy, just say it a little less. We love you all! even number 4!

Kara said...

Thus begins a new adventure, one you probably wish you didn't have to embark on! But at least you have such good help around you. Congrats on another girl!