I sat with them and worried only about them. We snuggled more, we did activities together, calmly and quietly. We made a paper chain to connect them with Dad (it was disturbingly long). Then on Monday we had a family home evening where we reset their behavior buttons. We made a family rule chart that they helped with - along with the consequences and a reward system. We need more positive reinforcement. So we are all reset and ready to go. So far so good. We'll still have our rough patches, no doubt. But at least for now I feel a little more back to normal.
OUR WEEK IN PICTURES:
The biggest fit this side of the Mississippi...I left her to "cool off" and when I came back she had stripped the bed and pulled the mattress off along with half of her clothes...kind of like the incredible hulk but her skin was angry-pink instead of hulkishly green.
My Cheerios told me that they loved me...it made my morning in a very pathetic sort of way.
Aunt Abby found a prehistoric cell phone on our Sunday walk...it was funny...and in case you were wondering, she was phoning Mrs. Flinstone about a playdate.
To help everyone find a new focus on behavior we refreshed and made new family rules along with the cutest set of jars wherein they will put the cutest little laminated "tickets" for certain good behavior...25 of which will get them a pick from the equally adorable prize bucket (full of all sorts of little girl fancies...its amazing how a candy necklace or bouncy ball can shape behavior.)...its also amazing what materials I have at my fingertips here at Mo's..."Is this Heaven?....no, it's Mo's office."
17 comments:
I am so sorry for you and those cute girls. Change can be hard on little ones. (and big ones for that matter) We need to get together more...I would really love it. And, really, if you ever need someone to watch the girls while you eat ice cream to cool off, or whatever, give me a call. Hope all goes better this week.
I am sorry you are having such a hard time, but like always you find not only a solution but a cute and fun way to help make everyone happy. Let me klnow if there is anything we can do. Hope we get to see you soon.
ok abby is looking sooo much older and so is haley! do i get a prize if i correctly guess who tore the sheets of the bed and half of her clothes....um.....abby!! am i right? tell big abby that her hair is just so long and lucious! it is so fabulous and pretty!
good job on those jars, they are absolutely adorable!!! and the bucket is so cute!!! mo's office is the bomb! hehe haha!! :D
oh em...we should talk.....sorry its been rougher on the girls than expected.
The only places I tended to cry when Jay was gone were the chapel at church and the temple. Sundays were always the hardest for me. I could suppress the emotions all week long, but I would walk into the chapel and couldn't hold back any longer. Sometimes though it is good to let it out. We love you guys and we miss you. You are doing a great job. Hope you are feeling well.
we miss you guys so much. i had a strong impression to call and talk with Haley yesterday night but i thought it would be too late. call us more...
I'm sorry you're having a hard adjustment. I think about you all the time when I look forward to Josh coming home from work to help me at night. I also think about the prayers to bless daddy to swim safely and you are my hero. I love your reward system and hope you included a reward system for yourself in your new plans. Pedicure anyone? My parents are here and say hello.
Transitions/adjustments are HARD. I do love your jars & reward system.
This was a very sweet post. You're doing a good job, mom. Every little thing is gonna be alright.
Love the tickets. Laminated? Fancy! Your girls' jars are cuter than mine. :)
you're such a good mommy. I can't imagine.
Oh, my hilarious abby.
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!! At least you can find some justification for your tantrums- ours...well.. I need you to kick us all into geat especially with cute jars and bucket o fun. This week will be better- it just has to be!
I miss you. Thanks for taking care of me when I should have been taking care of you!
You are such a strong person. Keep up the hard work. I'm so glad you get to stay with your fam. Yeah for family!
Those jars are darling. Your such a good mom. I really need to come up with some incentives to act good around here. We are lacking badly in that department.
I think of you often and stand (well, sit) in wonder at what you're doing. I think I would throw a pitty part every day. Keep up the great work as a single parent. You're doing a great job!
Emily you are truly a hero to me. It amazes me how much you can handle and how nothing seems to get to you. I think that you are a strong beautiful woman and I wish I was more like you in all honesty. I need you to email me your address so that I can get you out a christmas card. That is all I have gotten around to this month so I want you to have one. Miss you and pray for you always...
I'm going to check all of my cheerios from now on. A person as sweet as you can always find love in unexpected places!
Post a Comment