Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Picky Eater or Food Critic in the Making?

burnedbagel
This morning I couldn't get Abby to eat her breakfast because it was ugly, or "ug-a-lee" as she puts it. Could it be that that she has a delicate palate for gourmet cuisine or maybe she's just 3.
I suppose I can try harder tomorrow to make her food more...presentable.
foodface2

10 comments:

Oscarson Photography said...

Hanakuso is funNY!

Abby said...

Well, what was the ugalee food you gave her? Are you indeed guilty of serving ugalee food?

Rainie said...

Whenever we give Rozlyn her plate of food she looks at it and says, "gross". It really doesn't matter what the food is. It used to be that they got dessert for eating a good dinner, now we've changed the rule to getting dessert if you can make it through dinner without making rude comments about the food. I'm also curious to know what the ugly food was.

Emma Jo said...

It was a bagel with butter per her own request. The poor bagel sat there all morning. She ended up eating a box of raisins for breakfast.

Jangs said...

The trials of motherhood. They come from the most interesting corners. Isn't it amazing what children come up with in life? Maybe that was what got Martha Stewart started...hmm.or maybe not

mo said...

I understand little Babs, sometimes the food you are supposed to eat is just plain ugalee. I do have a half a key lime pie in the refrigerator from Marie Callender's that is preeetty. Wanna come over for a slice?

elasticwaistbandlady said...

"Family: Isn't it about making them eat ugalee foods?"

Young Joshua used these prayers at mealtime:

"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing us with this food even though I really, really, really, really HATE it! Amen."

"Dear Heavenly Father, please bless us with more money so that we can eat every meal at Hometown Buffet. Amen."

*sigh* This is my reward for slaving over a hot stove. Ingrates.

Amy Lynn said...

H. just throws her food on the floor if she doesn't like it, M. will set it on the table next to his plate, and J. will slide it off his plate on to someone else's plate. I must make a lot of ugalee food.

Suzie Petunia said...

I think raisens are WAY uglier than bagels. She must be crazy. Or was the bagel all moldy?

Suebee said...

We always have to worry that Sarah is going to tell someone we are visiting that the food they serve is bi-susting.