Houston is a great place in live. In March, every year they host the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. It's all the goats, turkey legs on a stick, cows (both as "cows" and as "beef"), funnel cakes, carnie food, buckin broncos, and tight levis that you can handle...and thats just the begining. We love being here in March and we frequent the rodeo as often as possible. There are shows, carnival rides and animals (not to mention the food, my gosh the food) all day long and the big rodeo and concert at night. My personal favorite is the calf scramble where 25 FFA students get turned loose on about 15 calves that they have to catch with nothin' but their bare hands in order to win money to raise a calf in the coming year. It's the best. This year I took my 11 year old sister in law to see Hilary Duff. We ended up in a larger group of people. The entire night I was thinking that I simply must blog about the sheer demographics of our carload (let alone the rest of the concert going public.) We had three nationalities represented and ranged in age from 4 to 11 to 17 to late 20's. I guess Hilary just has that something special. That certain something that just makes you want to get out your lighter, hold hands and sway. The world is a better place...for you and for me and the entire universe...
7 comments:
It was a magical night, it's true. Actually I was quite distracted all night as I could not help but wonder about her life behind all the glitter. (she looks thin, is she really happy? stuff like that.)
James pointed out the SUV next to the stage before she made her entrance and said, "I guarantee she's in there throwin' back a shot and smoking one last cigarette."
The shear joy exuding from my niece was worth all the out-of-breath dialogue. I'm just grateful I wasn't at a Brittany Spears concert.
sho-boat thinks this picture looks like an american family with two exchange students....
Well then you are awfully cozy-looking with that exchange student from Japan. Is that appropriate? I wish I had been there...I could have added something to the equation--old age!
I love rodeos and livestock shows. Jay says it's my redneck showing. Glad ya'll had fun.
Welcome Suebee! I'm so glad to see you here! Get started on your blog so I can see what y'all have been up to. Clark mentioned that you called so I need to talk to you. Love and miss you!
We love rodeo food too but in the interest of keeping a roof over our heads and lights on in our house we don't partake of it. Really, a $4.00 hot dog!!??!!
Usually we get guards to take pity on us and they overlook our diaper bag stuffed full of food from home. It's going to be kind of obvious in a few years when we're still toting a diaper bag and our youngest is a teenager. Maybe I'll have to tell them I'm incontinent and it's MY diaper bag?
I'm trying to imagine what Sho is telling her mother about America when they talk. You went to a Hilary Duff concert? Can she sing? I have to admit my favorite concert of all time was Paula Abduhl. I like the concerts where all I have to do is stand up and dance...no thinking, no participation, just cutting loose and not being the dumbest looking person there.
Post a Comment