My husband and I are in a race against time. We are less than 2 weeks from Hawaii and 20 pounds from ideal. So I committed to something stupid. I say stupid because it has made me a most bitter individual--much like the food I am forcing myself to eat. We weighed in, took pictures and started South Beach Diet. Why this one? Why not. I'll tell you why not. All I can basically eat is meat and vegetables...I used to love vegetables but three days of nothing but vegetables has made me despise them. I want to gag at the very thought of a cucumber slice or chicken chunk. All I want to do is open my pantry and get the bag of chocolate covered Craisins. Then I want to sit in front of the TV and watch a mindless show while devouring an entire Mrs. Smiths Dutch Crumb Apple Pie, all by myself (maybe with caramel drizzled over the top and melty Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream on the side).
Amazingly enough I have lost 5 pounds in three days--but I am grumpy and mean and I can't seem to talk about anything else. Food food food. I like food.
(Did I mention that it is only really strict for the first two weeks? I know I am a baby but I want sugar...real bad.)
7 comments:
i love this post. i went over to emma jo's house last night and the first thing out of her mouth was "im grumpy, and mean... and hungry. i want sugar. im in a bad mood because i want sugar." it was very aware and honest... but she was funny about it at least... too bad i had brought over yummy soda, bread and cheese.... i think she liked the cheese ok...
What can I say? I watch her with a sadness--and yet I support her efforts. We went grocery shopping the other day and I was suddenly very aware of all the things I was buying that she couldn't have...but she's gonna look hot at least. I mean, she's hot now, but moreso than--when..niner...
I can attest to the grumpiness... I heard it all the way up here in Oregon! :) Just kidding, Em. I admire what you're doing. It is so hard! But you're doin' the work...you're baby-steppin'! You're gonna love the results! Taylor did South Beach a while back and the grumpiness subsided eventually. Just as long as you're happy in Hawaii...will you still be dieting? No wedding cake? Pineapple? I love you, dear sister. You can do it!
My Mom has challenged my 10 year old daughter Sunbum and I to a weight loss competition, and after working out for one week and watching what we eat, the results are in................Sunbum and I BOTH want to die. We are convinced that they have yummy treats in the spiritual realm.
I didn't know that you needed to lose any weight, you always look fantastic, but I'm wishing you good luck too. Are you losing weight to fit into your thong bikini in Hawaii?
Is there any other way to go besides the thong? The hubby and I wanted our speedos to match! As far as the appearance of a somewhat fit tummy...I wear a girdle from time to time, but sshhh, don't tell-I really like it (the best part about it is coming home and taking it off!)
Ok, so we were at the mall and Emma Jo had a moment of weakness after one of the hugest tantrums ever thrown by an anonymous child. I walked up to Sonic at the foodcourt and found her--a desperate, resigned look on her face, and a FRENCH FRY between her lips, waiting--threatening to go in. I must have looked like a kid who found out there's no Santa...she could see the hurt in my eyes (I've had her on a pedistal all week because she's been so strong)...she took that fry out of her mouth and put it back in the bag..and then handed the bag to me..and I ate them all.
You have an absolutely beautiful family, even though I have not seen a picture of your husband. According to you he is a stud who drives submarines (is that innuendo?), and it would make me uncomfortable to deign a man a stud, seeing that I am a man. So, I'll take your word for it. The only thongs I wear are on my feet.
Post a Comment