Growing up I thought my lot was hard. The last name Oscarson elicited plenty of teasing--everything from "Oscar the Grouch" to "Oscar Meyer Weiner"...they thought they were pretty clever. Though as an adult I am very proud of my heritage as an Oscarson I had dreamed of more "glamorous" last names after marriage. Then I went and fell totally in love with Clark Scharman. Now instead of clarifying "no, Oscarson, like the son of Oscar" I get to say "Scharman, like the toilet paper...only spelled differently". Now I feel indeed, lucky to be part of two tremendous lines of ancestors though I could do without some of the TP jokes.
My favorite nickname, that my husband always gets stuck with is "Squeeze". Like, "don't squeeze the Charmin". It's silly, but somehow it fits. And you have to admit, don't you just wanna squeeze 'em?
4 comments:
TO-DIE-FOR CUTENESS! YES, I want to give them all squeezes and hugs! Go give them all a big hug from me RIGHT THIS SECOND.
I mean it. Do it right now.
Do you think I'm kidding here?...
I love when you think 3 people commented and you realize it was just one person--3 times. It's cool though, don't change, stay sweet.
I get to squeeze the Scharmans anytime I want--I'm so lucky! If you say "squeeze" a bunch it sound SO CRAZY!
Post a Comment